RESISTING ARREST WITHOUT VIOLENCE ATTORNEY
If you’ve been charged with resisting without violence in Orlando – Orange or any other Osceola Brevard Lake Seminole or Volusia County, you should call and speak to experienced Orlando resisting without violence attorney Heiko Moenckmeier at 407.504.1384. Call now. In Orlando, and in Florida, resisting without violence (sometimes called obstruction of an officer or obstruction of an investigation) is a serious criminal offense, punishable by up to a year in county jail, a year on probation, a fine of up to $1,000.00, as well as court costs, cost of investigation and cost of prosecution.
While there are no best defenses, there is always the best defense for YOUR case and it is up to you and your attorney to figure out the specific circumstances and facts that will get you the best defense.
- (Defendant) [resisted] [obstructed] [opposed] (victim).
- At the time, (victim) was engaged in the [execution of legal process] [lawful execution of a legal duty].
- At the time, (victim) was [an officer] [a person legally authorized to execute process].
- At the time, (defendant) knew (victim) was [an officer] [a person legally authorized to execute process].
Aggressive motion practice such as a motion to dismiss or a motion to suppress could be in order, so as to get the charge dismissed prior to a jury trial. Other times, a negotiated dismissal might come about.
- We often call resisting an officer without violence a ‘Humm’r’. As in, “hmmm, what should we charge him with?”
- It is frequently tacked on in order to ‘make something stick,’ and is a frequent charge for the civilly disobedient and political protesters.
- Running at the sight of the police
- Running after the police yell stop (stop resisting!)
- Tensing your arms when the officer is attempting to put on handcuffs
- Not allowing the officers to move your arms when they are attempting to place handcuffs on you
- Not moving fast enough when the officer tells you to do something
- Being ‘disrespectful’ to a cop
- Refusing to Stand up or Sit down
- Giving a false name
We have handled hundreds of resisting without violence cases as both an Assistant Public Defender as well as private practice. There ARE defenses and this charge can be beaten.
Call experienced Kissimmee Lake Mary Sanford Orlando resisting without violence lawyer Heiko Moenckmeier, Esq. today at 407.504.1384. Our conversation is privileged, even if you don’t end up hiring. Mr. Moenckmeier is a former Assistant Public Defender and has been practicing almost exclusively criminal and criminal traffic cases in Central Florida since 2007, with exclusive local knowledge and no fear of jury trials and aggressive motion practice.